If you are without access to paid sick leave or unable to work because of COVID-19, you should apply for Unemployment benefits right away. Even if you go back to work in 2-3 weeks. The State of Illinois has waived the one week waiting period.
Call the Illinois Department of Unemployment @ 1.800.244.5631 or apply online @ https://www2.illinois/gov/ides
SNAP (food stamps)/MEDICAID
Apply for SNAP and/or Medicaid online @ www.abe.illinois.gov
Use the SNAP Eligibility Calculator @ https://fscalc.dhs.illinois.gov/FSCalc/
to see if you could potentially qualify.
ENERGY ASSISTANCE & RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
There are numerous energy assistance programs available to those who meet the income guidelines.
- LIHEAP – Low Income Heating Assistance Program is an annual assistance program that helps with the high cost of heating. Please call Fremont Township located at 22385 IL Route 60, Mundelein, IL – 847.223.2847 to schedule an appointment.
- NICOR Sharing – Annual assistance program that helps with the high cost of heating. This program is for people that do not qualify for LIHEAP and have NICOR as their natural gas provider. Disabled Veterans may receive both LIHEAP & NICOR Sharing. Please call Fremont Township located at 22385 IL Route 60, Mundelein, IL – 847.223.2847 to schedule an appointment.
- Fremont Township – Emergency Assistance that may assist with past due rent, mortgage, or utilities. Please call Fremont Township located at 22385 IL Route 60, Mundelein, IL – 847.223.2847.
- Salvation Army – may assist with utilities, rent, or prescriptions. Please call Fremont Township located at 22385 IL Route 60, Mundelein, IL – 847.223.2847 as they administer Salvation Army funds for Mundelein residents.
- Catholic Charities – may assist with utilities, rent, or prescriptions. Please call 847.782.4100. They are located at 671 S. Lewis, Waukegan, IL.St. Vincent de Paul – may assist with utilities, rent, food, or prescriptions.
- Santa Maria de Popolo Chapel parking lot located at 116 N. Lake St., Mundelein – Village of Mundelein residents. Tuesdays 9:00 am – 10:30 am. Saturdays 10:30 am – 12:00 noon.
- St. Mary’s of the Annunciation – Unincorporated Fremont Township residents. Please call 224.522.8863.
- Food Pantry – Fremont Township Residents may use our food pantry once a month. Pickup by appointment only. Please call the township @ 847.223.2847.
- SENIORS & DISABLED – Seniors & Disabled may qualify for the Benefit Access Program which assists with a discount on your license plate sticker and a Free Ride RTA/METRA Pass. You must meet the income guidelines. If applying before April 20, 2020 – use 2018 total income. Applications after April 20, 2020 – use 2019 total income. You must apply online at https://www2.illinois.gov/aging/BenefitsAccess. If you need help with application, please call Fremont Township at 847.223.2847 to schedule an appointment.
Over income for the Benefit Access Program? You are still eligible for a Reduced Fare RTA/METRA Pass.
|LIHEAP||NORTH SHORE GAS SHARE-THE-WARMTH||NICOR REGULAR||NICOR CRISIS & VETERAN||BENEFIT ACCESS||QMB|
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||MAXIMUM GROSS MONTHLY INCOME||MAXIMUM GROSS MONTHLY INCOME||INCOME RANGE||INCOME RANGE||INCOME||INCOME AND RESOURCES LIMIT|
IF YOU NEED HELP APPLYING FOR A PROGRAM ONLINE, PLEASE CALL FREMONT TOWNSHIP AT 847.223.2847.