2020 General Election Information
Voter Registration & Early Voting
Register at the Illinois State Board of Elections at https://ova.elections.il.gov/
The following information is required to register online:
• Your Illinois Driver’s License or Illinois State ID number
• Date the license or ID was issued.
• The last four digits of your social security number.
• Your birth date
Early Voting (in-person) begins 40 days prior to General Election at the Lake County Clerk’s office (18 N. County, Waukegan) and opens county-wide 15 days before election day. Voters may vote at any Lake County polling site regardless of where you live. Grace Period Registration is available through election day. If you prefer to register in-person (by appointment only) or require assistance with either of the above online voter registration portals, please call us at 847-223-2847. We are happy to help.
- Change your Voter Registration (within Lake Co.)
- Request a Mail in Ballot
- Confirm you are registered with current name and address
- Print a sample ballot prior to Election Day
- Submit required application to receive a ballot by mail
- Track Clerk’s receipt of ballot voting by mail
- Find Election Day and early voting site locations including driving directions and map and find current representative districts and elected officials